Canadian and Mexican nationals working in certain fields when their post-secondary education matches their job offer. Examples: accountants, scientists, engineers, lawyers, professors and more.
- Canadian or Mexican citizens
- Part-time or full-time job offer with a U.S. Employer in a TN-eligible profession
- Meet the qualifications to practice the profession
- Approved in 15 days*
*If premium processing is applied
- Or 2+ months in normal processing
- Same day processing is available for Canadians who apply at border crossing or airport
- Valid for up to three years;
- Canadian: For renewal, simply leave and re-enter the U.S. with updated supporting documents or employer may file Form I-129 to request extension of stay
- Mexican: For renewal, either apply for a new visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate or employer may file Form I-129 to request extension of stay
- Can be renewed indefinitely, in up to three-year increments;
- Dependents (spouse and children) can live in the U.S.
- Not allowed to work but can go to school