This visa enables managers and executives at foreign companies to transfer to a U.S. office, or establish a new U.S. office.
Employees who worked in a managerial or executive capacity at a foreign entity for at least one year within the past three years.
- Approved in 15 days or less*
*If premium processing is applied
- One to 6 months in normal processing
- Allows for green card application
- Valid for up to 7 years.
- Initial period of stay is one year for "new office" petitions; three years for established offices
- The employee can be a people manager or functional manager—overseeing budget or decision-making
- Dependents can join the employee on the L-1. The spouse can work in the U.S. (assessment needed to confirm)