If you’re a production/operations manager, then your occupation is currently in high demand in South Africa. Production/operations manager is featured on the critical skills occupation list. (View critical skills occupation list).
Productions/operations manager’s job description:
- Plans, organises, directs and controls the manufacturing activities of an organisation including physical and human resources. Measures performance, quality and implements continuous improvement strategies.
Productions/operations manager’s daily tasks:
- Overseeing the production process, drawing up a production schedule;
- Ensuring that the production is cost effective;
- Making sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality;
- Working out the human and material resources needed;
- Drafting a timescale for the job;
- Estimating costs and setting the quality standards;
- Monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed;
- Being responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment;
- Monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control programmes;
- Liaising among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers;
- Working with managers to implement the company's policies and goals;
- Ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed;
- Supervising and motivating a team of workers;
- Reviewing worker performance;
- Identifying training needs.
Production/operations manager can apply for a critical skills visa which entitles them to legally live and work in South Africa for a period of 5 years and with the option to renew this visa.
Advantages of applying for a critical skills visa:
- No job offer required
- 12 months to secure employment in South Africa
- Freedom of movement between employers
- No recommendation letter needed
- A route to permanent residency
How to qualify for a critical skills visa:
- Clear criminal record
- Register occupation with a professional body in South Africa
- Assess all foreign qualifications in South Africa
Contact New World Immigration to see if you’re eligible to apply for a critical skills visa or complete our free online assessment form and our friendly consultants will contact you within 24 hours.