The most recent improvements to the Canadian immigration system will involve significant revisions that will have a considerable influence on numerous Canadian immigration programmes, particularly the Canadian Express Entry Program. The new NOC codes have had the largest influence on the adjustments.
There are currently five distinct NOC categories in the NOC classifications. As of November, there will be a tiered structure with six distinct levels using the new NOC codes. Some jobs will be demoted, while others will be promoted. When the new system goes live in November 2022, IRCC will be closely monitoring the revised NOC codes.
The Express Entry cut-off for jobs approved will be Tier 3, which means that occupations in Tier 3 and higher will be deemed skilled and eligible for the programme.
Other performers; program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport, and fitness; as well as tailors and dressmakers, will be eligible for other larger vocations on other programmes, but not for the skilled class.
There are sixteen occupations that were not previously recognised as skilled and as of November 2022, will now be considered.
The full list of all sixteen occupations are as follows:
- Payroll administrators;
- Dental assistants and dental laboratory assistants;
- Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates;
- Pharmacy technical assistants and pharmacy assistants;
- Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants;
- Sheriffs and bailiffs;
- Correctional service officers;
- Bylaw enforcement and other regulatory officers;
- Estheticians, electrologists and related occupations;
- Residential and commercial installers and servicers;
- Pest controllers and fumigators;
- Other repairers and servicers;
- Transport truck drivers;
- Bus drivers, subway operators and other transit operators;
- Heavy equipment operators; and
- Aircraft assemblers and aircraft assembly inspectors.
If you are currently enrolled in the system and are affected by the changes, you will not lose points or become ineligible until November 2022. It is critical to speak with your Case Manager to establish whether these adjustments may affect your points total in the future.
If you weren't previously eligible for Express Entry, these adjustments may very well have improved your chances.