The Global Talent Stream (GTS) welcomes an extra 5 professions to increase the pool for more innovative growth for Canada’s labour market. The GTS allows for quicker processing times for the new list of 17 highest in-demand professions. Canada’s Global Skills strategy increases the opportunities for companies that are expanding and need a select type of skilled professionals.
Global Talent Occupations
1. Computer and Information system managers
2. Civil Engineers
3. Electrical and electronics engineers
4. Mining engineers
5. Aerospace engineers
6. Computer engineers
7. Mathematicians and Statisticians
8. Information systems analysts and consultants
9. Database analysts and data administrators
10. Software engineers and designers
11. Computer programmers and interactive media developers
12. Web designers and developers
13. Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians
14. Computer Network Technicians
15. Information systems testing technicians
16. Producer, technical, creative and artistic director and project manager – Visual effects and video game
17. Digital Media and Design
The global talent occupations are required to work with Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) to develop a Labour Market Benefits Plan. The plan has positive benefits for foreign talent and employers in Canada. The GTS shifts focus to processing work permits within 2 weeks.
The employers who hire talent through the GTS pool will need to follow Labour Market Benefits Plan and demonstrate their commitment to growing the Canadian Labour Market. At New World Immigration, we offer a free assessment to guide you and your options.