Australia recently updated their PMSOL (Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List) and one occupation applicable to many based in South Africa is Social Workers.
With this occupation being eligible for a paper-based assessment, you would not even need to travel to Australia as documentation will be sent across to Australia with the help of our Case Managers. We are advising that Social Workers holding the relevant qualifications for their occupation get in touch with us to see if they would be eligible for an assessment and if so we can assist in having you put on par with Australian standards which in turn puts you leaps and bounds ahead of others who have not done so when seeking employment. Besides increasing employment opportunities, under the General Skilled Migration routes also known as GSM, it is a requirement to have your Skills Assessed.
If you have already gone through an assessment and are in talks with employers or have an offer of employment and need assistance, we can help so via an online assessment inquiry.
Please see below the full list for anyone else with one of these occupations;
- Chief Executive or Managing Director (111111);
- Construction Project Manager (133111);
- Mechanical Engineer (233512);
- Veterinarian (234711);
- General Practitioner (253111);
- Resident Medical Officer (253112);
- Psychiatrist (253411);
- Medical Practitioner nec (253999);
- Midwife (254111);
- Registered Nurse (Aged Care) (254412);
- Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) (254415);
- Registered Nurse (Medical) (254418);
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) (254422);
- Registered Nurse (Perioperative) (254423);
- Registered Nurses nec (254499);
- Developer Programmer (261312);
- Software Engineer (261313);
- Social Worker (272511);
- Maintenance Planner (312911).
Applicants and existing employer-sponsored visa holders on the PMSOL can also request a travel exemption to enter Australia during the current border closures. However, the mandatory 14-day quarantine period still applies and will still be at the traveller or sponsor's expense.