Immigration Minister Alex Hawke announced that 22 new job categories will be added to the Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL), which is intended to attract critical workers to the country.
Chefs, civil engineers, and software developers are among those whose visas are now being prioritized for processing.
The occupations added to the priority list include:
- Accountant (General) (221111)
- Accountant (Taxation) (221113)
- Accountant (Management) (221112)
- External Auditor (221213)
- Internal Auditor (221214)
- Electrical Engineer (233311)
- Civil Engineer (233211)
- Structural Engineer (233214)
- Geotechnical Engineer (233212)
- Transport Engineer (233215)
- Mining Engineer (233611)
- Petroleum Engineer (233612)
- Surveyor (232212)
- Cartographer (232213)
- Other Spatial Scientist (232214)
- Medical Laboratory Scientist (234611)
- Orthotist / Prosthetist (251912)
- Multimedia Specialist (261211)
- Analyst Programmer (261311)
- Software and Applications Programmers (261399)
- ICT Security Specialist (262112)
- Chef (351311)
This clearly indicates that immigration processes will be accelerating over the coming days.
With the application process taking some time, there is no better time to begin than right now. If you believe you are eligible for this process, send us an inquiry and one of our skilled immigration consultants will review your information and get back to you as soon as possible.