Many Metal Machinist positions are currently unfilled in Australia due to a severe shortage of trade certified professionals with two or more years of experience. Metal Machinists from other countries are routinely hired by industrial recruiters in Australia for both short and long-term positions. Even if you don't have a job offer, you can apply for permanent residency in Australia through the well-known Skilled Migration programme.
How do I secure a Residency Visa in Australia as a Metal Machinist?
Without a Job Offer
Did you know you can apply for residency in Australia before you get a job offer? Skilled migration in Australia allows you to apply for residency solely on the basis of your professional credentials.
Eligibility is influenced by factors such as age, education, and work experience. Companies will find it much easier to hire you once you have obtained your temporary or permanent residency status because they will no longer have to deal with the onboarding work permit procedure. Because you already have work authorization in your passport, you may be able to start working right away. This is, without a doubt, the most effective way to start a new life in these countries.
With a Job Offer
Most applicants who do not meet the skilled migration criteria begin looking for work Australia, being "Job Ready" is critical in this situation. The vast majority of work visa subclasses require a skills assessment. A legitimate skills evaluation will add a lot of weight to an applicant's CV when looking for work.
Tasks & Duties:
How do I know if I am Qualified as a Metal Machinist?
Metal Machinists are responsible for the following tasks and responsibilities, and applicants must perform at least 80% of them in order to be considered for a skills assessment.
- Studying drawings and specifications to determine suitable material, method and sequence of operations, and machine settings;
- Fitting fabricated metal parts into products and assembling metal parts and subassemblies to produce machines and equipment;
- Checking fabricated and assembled metal parts for accuracy, clearance and fit using precision measuring instruments;
- Setting guides, stops and other controls on machining tools, setting up prescribed cutting and shaping tools and dies in machines and presses;
- Forming metal stock and castings to fine tolerances using machining tools to press, cut, grind, plane, bore and drill metal;
- Diagnosing faults and performing operational maintenance of machines, and overhauling and repairing mechanical parts and fluid power.
A Metal Machinist with at least two years of post-qualification experience can expect to earn a total remuneration of AUD 54,532, according to PayScale. A Metal Machinist with 8 years of qualified experience or more earns an average total remuneration of AUD 75,834.
Metal Machinists are in extremely high demand in Australia. Employers are usually willing to reimburse the applicant's relocation costs due to the high demand. Please contact a New World Immigration consultant for more information on these incentives.
Visas That Are Available
Metal Machinists are eligible for the following visas in Australia:
- Visa Subclass 189
- Visa Subclass 190
- Visa Subclass 491
- Visa Subclass 485
- Visa Subclass 482
- Labour Agreement
- Visa Subclass 186
- Visa Subclass 187
- Visa Subclass 494
- Visa Subclass 407
If a consultant determines that the applicant is eligible for one or more of the above-mentioned visa processes, New World Immigration can assist with the visa application process. By clicking the Free Online Assessment button below, you can reach out to a New World Immigration consultant and find out if you qualify within a moment’s notice.
Start your Visa Assessment Here