Many positions in Australia are currently unfilled due to a severe shortage of Fitters with two or more years of experience. Industrial recruiters Down Under routinely hire fitters from other countries for both short and long-term positions. Even if you do not have a job offer, you can apply for residency in these countries through the well-known Skilled Migration programme.
How do I secure a Residency Visa in Australia as a Fitter?
Without a Job Offer
Did you know that you can apply for residency in Australia prior to receiving a job offer? Skilled migration programmes in Australia allow you to apply for residency based solely on your professional qualifications.
Age, education, and work experience all have an impact on eligibility. Companies will find it much easier to hire you because they will no longer have to deal with the onboarding work permit procedure once you have obtained your temporary or permanent residency status. You may be able to start working right away because you already have work authorization in your passport. Without a doubt, this is the most effective way to begin a new life in these countries.
With a Job Offer
Most applicants who do not meet the skilled migration criteria start looking for work in their preferred country. In this situation, being "Job Ready" is critical. A skills assessment is required for the vast majority of work visa subclasses. When looking for work, a legitimate skills evaluation will add a lot of weight to an applicant's CV.
Tasks & Duties:
How do I know if I am Qualified as a Fitter?
Fitters are responsible for the following tasks and responsibilities, and applicants must perform at least 80% of them in order to be considered for a skills assessment.
- Studying drawings and specifications to determine suitable material, method and sequence of operations, and machine settings;
- Fitting fabricated metal parts into products and assembling metal parts and subassemblies to produce machines and equipment;
- Checking fabricated and assembled metal parts for accuracy, clearance and fit using precision measuring instruments;
- Setting guides, stops and other controls on machining tools, setting up prescribed cutting and shaping tools and dies in machines and presses, and setting controls for textile machines;
- Forming metal stock and castings to fine tolerances using machining tools to press, cut, grind, plane, bore and drill metal;
- Cutting, threading, bending and installing hydraulic and pneumatic pipes and lines;
- Preparing pattern mechanisms to control the operation of textile machines used to spin, weave, knit, sew and tuft fabric;
- Diagnosing faults and performing operational maintenance of machines, and overhauling and repairing mechanical parts and fluid power equipment;
- May erect machines and equipment on-site.
According to PayScale, a Fitter with at least two years of post-qualification experience can expect to earn a total remuneration of AUD 62,000. A Fitter with 8 years or more of qualified work experience earns an average total remuneration of AUD 74,000.
In developed, English-speaking countries; fitters are in high demand. Due to the high demand, employers are usually willing to reimburse the applicant's relocation costs. We are in direct contact with recruiters in Australia actively seeking candidates within this industry. For more information, please contact a New World Immigration consultant.
Visas That Are Available
Fitters are eligible for the following visas in Australia:
- Visa Subclass 189
- Visa Subclass 190
- Visa Subclass 491
- Visa Subclass 485
- Visa Subclass 482
- Labour Agreement
- Visa Subclass 186
- Visa Subclass 187
- Visa Subclass 494
- Visa Subclass 407
If a consultant determines that the applicant is eligible for one or more of the visa processes listed above, New World Immigration can help with the visa application process. Contact a New World Immigration consultant TODAY by clicking the FREE Online Assessment button below.