Many Civil Engineer posts in Australia are sitting vacant due to a significant lack of skilled professionals with two or more years of experience. Recruiters in Australia are openly seeking to employ civil engineers from other nations for both short and long-term roles.
Even if you do not have a job offer, you can apply for permanent residency in Australia under the well-known Skilled Migration programme.
How do I secure a Residency Visa in Australia as a Civil Engineer?
Without a Job Offer
Did you know that you may apply for residence in Australia before receiving a job offer? Skilled migration in Australia allows you to qualify for residency based purely on your professional qualifications.
Age, education, and job experience all have an impact on your eligibility. Companies will find it much easier to hire you once you have received your temporary or permanent residence status since they will no longer have to deal with the onboarding work permit procedure.
You may be allowed to start working right immediately because you already have work authorisation in your passport. Without a doubt, this is the most effective approach to begin a new life in these nations.
With a Job Offer
Most candidates who do not fit the skilled migration criterion begin seeking for employment in Australia; being "Job Ready" in this case is crucial. A skills assessment is required for the vast majority of work visa subclasses. When job hunting, a credible skills assessment will lend a lot of weight to an applicant's CV.
Tasks & Duties:
How do I know if I am Qualified as a Civil Engineer?
Civil Engineers are responsible for the following tasks and responsibilities, and applicants must perform at least 80% of them in order to be considered for a skills assessment.
- Determining construction methods, materials and quality standards, and drafting and interpreting specifications, drawings, plans, construction methods and procedures
- Organising and directing site labour and the delivery of construction materials, plant and equipment, and establishing detailed programs for the coordination of site activities
- Obtaining soil and rock samples at different depths across sites and testing samples to determine strength, compressibility and other factors that affect the behaviour of soil and rock when a structure is imposed and determining the safe loading for the soil
- Studying architectural and engineering drawings and specifications to estimate total costs, and preparing detailed cost plans and estimates as tools to assist in budgetary control
- Monitoring changes to designs, assessing effects on cost, and measuring, valuing and negotiating variations to designs
- Analysing structural systems for both static and dynamic loads
- Designing structures to ensure they do not collapse, bend, twist or vibrate in undesirable ways
- Assessing present and future travel flow patterns taking into account population increase and needs change
- Designing the physical aspects of transportation systems such as highways, railroads, urban transit, air transportation, logistical supply systems and their terminals
According to PayScale, a Civil Engineer with at least two years of post-qualification experience can expect to earn a total remuneration of AUD 74,805. A Civil Engineer with 8 years of qualified experience or more earns an average total remuneration of AUD 94,960.
In Australia, civil engineers are in great demand. Due to the strong demand, employers are frequently prepared to compensate the applicant's relocation fees. For additional information on these incentives, please contact a New World Immigration consultant.
Visas That Are Available
Civil Engineers are eligible for the following visas in Australia:
- Visa Subclass 189
- Visa Subclass 190
- Visa Subclass 491
- Visa Subclass 485
- Visa Subclass 482
- Labour Agreement
- Visa Subclass 186
- Visa Subclass 187
- Visa Subclass 494
- Visa Subclass 407
If a consultant finds that the applicant is qualified for one or more of the visa processes listed above, New World Immigration can help with said process. By clicking the Free Online Assessment option below, you will take your first steps together with one New World Immigration’s highly experienced consultants to find out if you qualify for a better future abroad.
Start your Visa Assessment Here