The Australian PMSOL list has been in place since September 2020 however there was not much movement based on borders being closed. This only escalated the need for certain occupations though as Australia’s economic recovery is based on highlighted areas of demand.
Please see these the 19 occupations below;
- Chief Executive or Managing Director;
- Construction Project Manager;
- Mechanical Engineer;
- General Practitioner;
- Resident Medical Officer;
- Medical Practitioner nec;
- Registered Nurse (Aged Care);
- Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency);
- Registered Nurse (Medical);
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health);
- Registered Nurse (Perioperative);
- Registered Nurses nec;
- Developer Programmer;
- Software Engineer;
- Social Worker;
- Maintenance Planner.
Now the list is temporary and may change, as the economic recovery evolves the labour market demand could cause ebbs and flows so acting sooner rather than later is crucial if applicable to yourself or household.
Because of this being a priority list the government is also advising to follow pathways based on employer sponsored streams meaning an offer of employment will be needed. If that is in order a travel exemption can be applied for allowing a candidate to enter as soon as possible, depending on COVID requirements.
States may also look favourably at these applicants when applying for State nomination, depending on the need of the State so also positive when looking at the skilled routes for residency.