The Portugal Golden Visa Program
Portugal has run its residence by investment scheme since 2012. The country has a rich history and ranks high in the Human Development Index Ranking. It is at the same time, one of the world's most globalized and peaceful nations.
As Portugal is an EU and Schengen Area member, those holding Portuguese residency can travel throughout the whole Schengen territory visa-free, as well as bring their spouse and children to Portugal.
The country remains a very popular destination for businessmen and corporates who wish to use the country as a springboard to gain access to Europe. At the same time, your family can enjoy a fantastic life with an excellent education system and 1st class living standards.
The (GRPI) Golden Residence Permit for Investment is open to anyone who has the funds available. This applies to foreign investors who are not citizens of the European Union.
You will need to make an investment in Portugal privately or through a company conducting at least one of the following investment operations.
- Purchasing a home/real estate from €500,000 (Option 1)
- Purchasing a home/real estate from €350,000 (Option 2)
- Invest €500,000 or more in a Commercial or Residential Property
- Very limited number of documents required
- Residency applications processed in 12 weeks
- Only need to stay in home for 7 days of the year
- Entire family qualifies for Residency (Spouse parents included)
- Freedom to travel to all Schengen States
- EU Passport OR PR after 5 years
- Live and work in Portugal + access to Health and Education Services
After 5 years of being on the Golden Residence Permit, you will qualify for Portuguese Citizenship and an EU Passport. You will need to renew your residence permit over a period of five years. The Golden Residence Permit is renewed three times:
- Third year (Renewal)
- Fifth year (Renewal and Application for Permanent Residency or Citizenship)
For more information, get in contact with us via email@example.com or leave an inquiry.