Investing in real estate in Greece guarantees foreigner property owners access to the country’s Residency Permit. A major selling point is that this also means that the foreign investor is exempt from the country’s normal visa requirements
This visa allows the holder residency in Greece for five years with the option to renew their residency. Considered another major advantage by foreigners who already have this visa is the fact that the visa holder has very few obligations and restrictions related to their visa. Besides not having to meet all the regular visa requirements Golden visa holders also need not spend a minimum number of days a year in Greece and their visa is extended to their children up to the age of 21.
To apply for Greek permanent residency you need to invest a minimum amount of €250,000 in Greek real estate.
- Offers permanent residency from day one, no need to revisit
- Offers Visa Free Schengen access directly from country of origin
- All family members. Spouse, children (up to 21) and parents
- Fast track procedure. 180 days end to end
- Leads to citizenship after 7 years
- Free Access to public health and education facilities
- Great Investment opportunity (prices dropped more than 50% since 2010)
- The most affordable program in Europe
- Establish your business in Greece and be active in all EU countries
Moreover as a bonus
- You are not taxed in Greece for your global income
- You do not pay capital duty or net wealth tax
- You can register unlimited number of assets without restrictions
- You pay the lowest property tax in Europe (~5€ per sq. meter annually)
The road to citizenship
- 7 years of uninterrupted residency in Greece
- Knowledge of Greek language and elements of the history and
- Greek European Union passport
- Voting rights
- To live and work in any of EU/Schengen countries
Why buy property in Greece?
- Property prices have dropped 40% to 60% from 2010. With 250,000 you can buy a new 2 3 bedroom flat in downtown Athens.
- The cost of ownership is the lowest in Europe. A 3 bedroom flat of 100m 2 in downtown Athens pays annual tax of 500 700 Euros.
- All properties in Greece are Freehold (for ever). The property transfer procedure is very formal, with notary officials that represent the state.
- Because it produces good income. The annual expected return for downtown residential properties varies between 3.5% to 5%.
For more information, get in contact with us via firstname.lastname@example.org or leave an inquiry.