This visa allows you to travel to Australia and attend school, study a full time vocational education and/or training course as well as undertake a full time higher education course at university or colleges as an International Student. The education provider must be recognised by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection as an eligible institution to offer courses to International Students.
This visa is for you;
- If you are fresh out of school or currently studying and wanting to further your studies in Australia,
- If you are a young individual with less than 5 years gap in your studies
- If you are in search of a pathway course which is recognised as a skilled shortage in Australia
- If you wish to study your way to a possible post-work study visa or after graduation working visa
On the Study you can either be inside or outside of Australia when applying. If you are in Australia and want to apply for this visa, you must hold a valid temporary visa that does not have any conditions placed on it exempting you from applying for further visas in Australia. When submitting new visas or change of status applications, you will need to submit a bridging visa.
Pathways after Study Visas
Graduate Work stream visas for international students who have recently graduates with skills and qualifications that are relevant to specific occupations in Australia. This visa allows you to work in Australia for up to 18 months.
For international students who have recently graduated with a degree from a University can apply for a Post-Study Work stream visa, this allows you to live and work in Australia for up to 4 years
Australian Student Visas allow you to:
- Undertake studies in Australia.
- Undertake informal work in Australia for no more than 20 hours per week/40 hours per fortnight
How long is the Visa Valid for?
This visa is a multiple entry visa that allows you to travel to and from Australia. It is generally issued for the duration of your course. If you have any accompanying dependents travelling with you, they will receive the same expiry on their visa as yours and will not be permitted to stay in Australia beyond this date. If your Student Visa expires before your graduation ceremony, one is able to apply for a visitor visa to enable you to attend.
What are the Financial Requirements?
This visa requires that you provide evidence that you have access to sufficient funds to pay for
- your travel to and from Australia
- 12 months of your course fees (or pro rata fees, if your course is less than 12 months)
- 12 months of living costs for you and any family members who come with you to Australia (or pro rata fees, if you are staying less than 12 months)
- school fees for any school-age children who accompany you (or pro rata fees, if the child will be at school for less than 12 months
The financial requirement that needs to be met is as follows:
12-month living costs are:
- for students or guardians - AUD20,209
- for partners coming with you - AUD7,100
- for a child coming with you - AUD3,040
Alternatively, you can provide evidence your parents or your partner had a personal annual income of at least AUD 60,000 in the 12 months immediately before you apply. If you bring family members, you must demonstrate your parents’ or partner’s income is at least AUD 70,000.
If both your parents are working we can consider their combined income.
What are my Obligations as a Student?
As a Student in Australia you are required to maintain your enrolment in a registered course of study that is listed on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). You must also:
- Maintain a satisfactory course progress within each study period
- Maintain satisfactory course attendance as required by your education provider
Failure to adhere to the above requirements can result in the cancellation of your student visa.
Please contact us to get put in touch with our Education Agent for more information