Tel: +27 21 555 0951


Time Processing Time in South Africa:

Assessment Level 2 Students – 15 Working Days
Assessment Level 3 Students – 3 Months

Dollar Currency Sign2

Government Fee for Visa:  AUD$550 for the main applicant. AUD$550 for dependents over 18 years and AUD$135 for dependents under 18 years.

Applying for a Study Permit

This visa would allow you to travel to Australia to attend school, to study a full time vocational education and/or training course as well as undertake a full time higher education course at university or colleges as an International Student. The education provider that you will be applying to must be recognised by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection as an eligible institution to offer courses to International Students.

This visa is for you;

- If you are enrolled in a registered English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) as a full time student
- If you are enrolled in a primary/secondary school in Australia as student
- If you will be participating in an International Student Exchange Program
- If you are enrolled in a registered vocational education and training course as a full time student in Australia
- If you are enrolled in a registered course to be awarded a Bachelor/Associate Degree, a Graduate Certificate/Diploma, a Higher Education/Advanced Diploma, a Master Degree by coursework, a Master Degree by Research and/or a Doctorate

You can be either inside or outside of Australia when applying for this visa. If you are in Australia and want to apply for this visa, you must hold a valid temporary visa that does not have any conditions placed on it exempting you from applying for further visas in Australia. When the visa is decided, you must be outside of Australia.


Students Southafrica

This visa lets you:

- Undertake studies in Australia
- Undertake informal work in Australia for no more than 20 hours per week/40 hours per fortnight

How long is the Visa Valid for?

This visa is a multiple entry visa that allows you to travel to and from Australia. It is generally issued for the duration of your course. If you have any accompanying dependents travelling with you, they will receive the same expiry on their visa as yours and will not be permitted to stay in Australia beyond this date. If your Student Visa expires before your graduation ceremony, one is able to apply for a visitor visa to enable you to attend.

What are the Financial Requirements?

This visa requires that you provide evidence that you have access to sufficient funds to pay for your travel to and from Australia as well as your tuition and living expenses. If you have a partner and dependent children accompanying you on this visa you must be able to provide evidence for all parties included in the application at the time of lodgement of this application.

The financial requirement that needs to be met is as follows:

- AUD$18 610 per year for the Principal Applicant
- AUD$ 6 515 per year for a Partner
- AUD$ 3 720 per year for a First Dependent Child
- AUD$ 2 790 per year for a Each Additional Dependent Child

What are my Obligations as a Student?

As a Student in Australia you are required to maintain your enrolment in a registered course of study that is listed on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). You must also:

- Maintain a satisfactory course progress within each study period
- Maintain satisfactory course attendance as required by your education provider

Failure to adhere to the above requirements can result in the cancellation of your student visa.

What is Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)?

One must have adequate health insurance cover while in Australia. As an international student you are able to obtain Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) that will provide medical and hospital cover while you are in Australia. One can ask your education provider to assist you in organising this for you. You are however able to select an approved OSHC provider and pay the insurance yourself. OSHC is obtainable for a period of up to 5 years or longer if needed.

The Main Requirements Are

- Valid Passport
- Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
-Birth Certificate’s of all family members in and outside for Australia/travelling and non travelling
- Have sufficient funds
- A clear criminal record (Certain cases can be discussed on a case by case basis, should there be an issue).
- A clean bill of health (Certain cases can be discussed on a case by case basis, should there be an issue).

Your Application

Fields marked * are mandatory and must be completed

Your Credentials

Fields marked * are mandatory and must be completed


Other Information

Fields marked * are mandatory and must be completed